- “An innovative, engaging format, and a lively, dedicated group of writers make this workshop memorable. Stimulating on many levels. I enjoyed every action-packed minute.”
— Deborah Noyes Wayshak, novelist; executive editor, Candlewick Press
- “PCCWW has helped me hone my craft and make contact with esteemed editors and agents. Constructive, inspiring. This workshop is a definite 10.” — Annemarie O’Brien; debut author
of Lara’s Gift (Knopf) (Annemarie landed her contract with our workshop editor.)
- “I’m impressed by how in-depth the masterclass critiques were. I was totally revved up by
the end of the workshop!” — Heather Tomlinson, author of The Swan Maiden
(Henry Holt) (Heather landed this debut contract at our workshop.)
- “PCCWW combines the support and camaraderie of an educated, informed critique group
with a rare opportunity to connect with editors and agents in an intimate setting.”
— Joni Sensel, author of four youth novels (Holt; Bloomsbury)
- “The most valuable writing event I’ve ever attended. Presenters were generous and
genuine. The insights I received from each one on my manuscript was invaluable.”
— Mary Cronk Farrell; author of the award-winning Clarion novel, Fire in the Hole!
- “Well-organized, interactive, informative, congenial. The Pacific Coast Children’s Writers
Workshop is one of the best I’ve attended.” — Cece Meng, former winner
of the Writer’s Digest contest (Children’s Fiction category)
Join us this year! Editor or agent critique on selected whole novels; editor and agent critiques on sample chapters; teen feedback through an integrated teen workshop. Teens’ events March and Oct. Inquire now!
WHOLE NOVEL WORKSHOP
Envision and Edit Your Story with the Pros
Are you a skilled writer, published or aspiring, looking for something “different” in a fiction workshop? Our intensive seminar offers editor or agent feedback on selected whole-novel manuscripts, including two in-person consults with your mentor. Or maybe you’re ready for editor and agent critiques on your polished, opening chapters. Whichever stage you’re at, here’s how we assist goal-oriented writers like you:
|Novelist (right) relishes smart tips
from agent and editor in our open clinic.
Photo: Marsha Diane Arnold
Creating a marketable novel is a multi-layered challenge. Join us for a working retreat or seminar—learn fiction-crafting with the masters. Pinpoint the tools you need to propel your novel from page-turner to published success!
For a compact view of the workshop, see our flyer.
Opportunity Camaraderie Craft
|“This workshop played a huge role in my success. My novel improved largely due to
faculty and peer critiques, which led to my first sale. Outstanding seminar.”
— Tracy Holczer, The Secret Hum of a Daisy (G.P. Putnam’s, 2014)